
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth." - Job 19:25
Like Job, despite any trials and suffering we may have on earth, we have hope in the resurrection. The other day I was thinking how during Holy Week Jesus knew what he would have to suffer, he was trying to prepare mentally for that by imparting last wisdom to the disciples at the last supper, praying, teaching others how to pray and more. He knew that he would have to die, and yet he kept on going. I too (though it's not a week away but in one year) see the time when I will have to leave. I know it's not going to be easy, but certainly not as painful as Jesus' death. It's so comforting to know that despite the areas in my ministry in which I have already failed and am yet to fail, that I will still win in the end because of Jesus' victory over death. And since I'm on his team, that victory is mine too.
I'm encouraged that Jesus kept on teaching the disciples even when he knew they would let him down. I'm encouraged that he kept praying even though the answer was no, you have to die. I'm encouraged that Jesus didn't just stop trying even though he knew he would soon die and go up to heaven again. I'm encouraged because I feel sometimes like what is the point, these students are never going to believe and my prayers for them are never going to be answered. But, my work is to do the will of him who sent me, telling people about God and He will do the rest. My salvation is secure in his resurrection, and that is what my hope can rest on even in my times of frustration.
Here are some pictures from Easter Sunday at Center Lutheran and St. Paul's International Lutheran Church

Singing Hallelu Hallelu





No comments:
Post a Comment